Could your pet use a spa day? The Drake Center offers high-quality bathing services so your pet will leave feeling refreshed and looking their best. Before bathing, your pet will enjoy having their coat brushed by hand from one of our experienced veterinary assistants. This will allow your pet's coat to be free of tangles and matting, and promotes a more effective bath. We also offer nail trims as well.
During your pet's bath, they will be treated to a soothing massage using shampoo selected to best fit their coat type and skin health. The Drake Center also offers medicated bathing services for pets that experience various skin conditions that require special attention. Using specialized shampoos, we are able to provide baths that are gentle, hypo-allergenic, and are soothing to your pet's sensitive skin.
After the bath, your pet will be dried from nose to tail, and their coat will be brushed to perfection. Your pet's coat will be left feeling clean, lustrous, and smelling great.
Your pet's comfort is our top priority, so we are dedicated to ensuring that your pet's bathing experience is as relaxing as possible. Our veterinary assistants are trained to assess your pet's overall temperament, to ensure that your pet is having a relaxing and low-stress experience. Come treat your pet to a spa day at The Drake Center today.
The Drake Center offers both routine and specialized medical bathing services using the HydroSurge Animal Bathing System®.
- Cleansing and grooming: These shampoos are used for routine cleansing and conditioning of the skin.
- Antiseborrheic: This product is used to treat seborrhea, a condition that results in scaly and/or greasy skin.
- Antibacterial: This type of shampoo is used to treat topical bacterial infections also known as pyoderma.
- Antipruritic: These shampoos help soothe the skin and reduce itching.
- Douxo/Vetraseb Seborrhea shampoo: This product is formulated for animals with dry or greasy dandruff and skin lesions.
- Douxo/Vetraseb Chlorhexidine PS shampoo: This product is formulated for animals with bacterial (pyoderma) or fungal (malassezia) skin infections.
- Douxo/Vetraseb Maintenance shampoo: This product is formulated for animals with sensitive skin.
- MalAcetic: This is an acetic/boric acid shampoo with cortisone and ketoconazole for animals with mild bacterial and fungal infections.
Bathing Your Pet at Home
- Any tangles or mats should be brushed out or carefully shaved before bathing. It may be beneficial to shave a long-haired dog if frequent bathing is necessary.
- Wet your pet thoroughly with lukewarm water. If your pet has a particularly thick hair coat, make sure to wet him/her especially well. Also, pay special attention to hard to reach areas, like the armpits and groin.
- Apply shampoo liberally. Massage it into the skin, paying particular attention to any affected areas. Do not allow shampoo lather to come into contact with your pet's eyes.
- It is very important to leave the shampoo on for at least 10 to 15 minutes. This will assure adequate contact time with the affected skin.
- Completely rinse your pet. Thorough rinsing is important because shampoo residue may cause skin irritation.
- If a cream rinse has been prescribed, follow the same steps using the cream rinse in place of the shampoo.
- A conditioner may be applied to the damp hair coat after bathing, if recommended.